The goal of the Monroe Scholarship Fund, Inc. is to assist high school seniors with college expenses. Below are a few Frequently Asked Questions that students may want to know:
Who can apply and receive scholarships?
High school seniors living in Monroe, CT who are in the top 30% academic ranking of their graduating class are eligible to apply.
When can I apply?
Applications for this year's graduating class are now available. Click here for a copy of the Monroe Scholarship Fund Application.
How can I apply?
Applications will be available at the Masuk High School Pupil Services office. If you attend a different high school, but live in Monroe, CT, an application will be available for download from this website in March. Applications are also provided to Guidance Offices at Bullard Havens Technical High School, Christian Heritage School, Fairfield College Preparatory School, Henry Abbot Technical High School, Lauralton Hall, Notre Dame Catholic High School, and St. Joseph High School.
What scholarships are available?
- Monroe Lions Club Scholarship for engineering studies
- Don Nickdow Memorial Scholarship for scholar/athletes
- Newtown Savings Bank Foundation Scholarship for demonstrated financial need
- Kenneth Stanley Heitzke Memorial Scholarship for community service
- Robert & Margaret Tranzillo Scholarship for physical therapy & medical studies
- Mary Ann Mulrane Memorial Scholarship for theater, set design or fashion design studies
The Monroe Scholarship Fund, Inc. also accepts applications for the Edith Wheeler Memorial Scholarship. This academic scholarship is available to Masuk High School seniors, residing in Monroe, CT. Applications will be available at the Masuk High School Pupil Services office and are now available. Click here for a copy of the Edith Wheeler Memorial Scholarship Application.